Gossamer gear mariposa (silnylon) (NEw England Trail (NET))
This is a review of the older silnylon version of the Gossamer Gear Mariposa that is now made. I used this pack for over 100 miles of the NET and got some good insights into its pros and cons.
- Lightweight at about 1 lb.
- Good company and solid build quality and design
- Hoop frame stay inside to add carrying support and packing structure.
- Wide soft shoulder straps and roomy side and rear pockets.
- Removable back-panel that can be used as a sleep mat or sit pad.
- True ultralight pack that requires some care to use and pack
- Lightweight silnylon is easily ripped on branches or if thrown down while full. More care is required with this bag than some other ultralight bags that have a more durable material. Gossamer Gear is now making this pack with more durable material, and added some new features to add to the usability (similar to the Gorilla) and is the largest volume pack they offer in that style.