Winter mountaineering Gear- beCause baby IT iS cold outside !
Any winter activity adds a significant risk of hypothermia, injury, and possibly worse. The best thing you can bring into winter with you is KNOWLEDGE and the proper experience. It is well worth the investment to obtain course experience in winter camping and hiking skills. Please check out the following links for their winter course offerings:
- Green Mountain Club (GMC) Cold Weather Trekking & Avalanche Training - CLICK HERE
- Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) Winter Hiking Series - CLICK HERE
- Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) Ice Climbing & Mountaineering - CLICK HERE
- Recreational Equipment Incorporated (REI) Winter Camping & Survival Skills - CLICK HERE
- International Mountaineering Equipment (IME) Mountaineering & Avalanche - CLICK HERE